Forward Tipping Dumper Truck Training (A09)
This course will provide training on the safe operation of forward tipping dumper trucks. Participants will learn how to conduct pre-operational checks, maneuver the vehicle in various environments, and properly load and unload materials. Safety procedures and regulations will also be covered.
By the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator of a forward tipping dumper truck
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machinery
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for forward tipping dumper use
- Prepare the machine for use and operate safely and efficiently
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Attach and set trailers, ready for operation
- Operate the machine to a minimum standard.
- Install and use additional equipment effectively.
- Place the machine safely and efficiently.
- Identify necessary minor adjustments and routine maintenance procedures and perform them.
- Prepare the machine for use on public roads.
- Understand the machine’s capabilities, limitations, and purposes.
- Implement all necessary safety measures.
- Understand the operation of diesel engines and various parts of the machine.
- Pass the CPCS theory and practical tests.
- Review sample questions for the theory test.
- Complete a sample assessment for the practical test.
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures for the truck