Cut Off Stihl Saw and Abrasive Wheel training course for safe operation:
It is envisaged that by the end of this training course the learner will be able to answer questions and perform the following;
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook and be familiar with other sources of information available including relevant legislation
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for petrol driven cut off saw.
- Select suitable type of abrasive wheel and battery/petrol cut off saw relative to the work being undertaken.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area and set up safety zone.
- Prepare the machine for use and operate machine safely and efficiently.
- Environmental considerations.
- Storage and transport of abrasive wheel and batter/petrol cut off saw.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.