Plant and Vehicle Marshall (Banksman Training) A73, NPORS N403
This up to 3 day course is for people responsible for the movement of plant and vehicles on construction sites.
You will learn how to prepare for vehicle movement and guidance, communication, plant hazards and ground conditions, work area layout and positioning.
It is envisaged that by the end of this course of vehicle marshal training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following;
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a vehicle marshal.
- Have knowledge of the manufacturers handbook for the particular vehicle/machine to be guided.
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for vehicle marshal duties.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area including stop blocks and tipping areas.
- Set up exclusion zone for unloading.
- Guide machinery in a forward & reverse direction including confined spaces and “blind areas” safely and efficiently.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all end of shift, shut down and parking procedures.