Excavator as a Crane Training (N100)
This excavator as a crane course is for delegates who need to know how to carry out lifting operations using a 360°
By the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator of excavator 360°
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machinery
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the excavator and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for forward excavator 360° use
- Prepare the machine for use and operate safely and efficiently
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Attach and set trailers, ready for operation
- Operate the machine to a minimum standard.
- Install and use additional equipment effectively.
- Place the machine safely and efficiently.
- Identify necessary minor adjustments and routine maintenance procedures and perform them.
- Prepare the machine for use on public roads.
- Understand the machine’s capabilities, limitations, and purposes.
- Implement all necessary safety measures.
- Understand the operation of diesel engines and various parts of the machine.
- Pass the CPCS theory and practical tests.
- Review sample questions for the theory test.
- Complete a sample assessment for the practical test.
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures for the truck