Manual Handling Training N704
It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions and perform the following;
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and their responsibilities.
- State the definition of manual handling, the main causes of manual handling injuries and the reason for manual handling training.
- Describe the function and shape of the human spine
- Describe the function of the intervertebral discs
- Understand the effects of static loading and the risks involved in team lifting
- Demonstrate an understanding of formal and dynamic risk assessment
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for manual handling operations
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Describe and demonstrate safe handling techniques and mechanical aids